Good morning! It’s nearly weekend so hang in there dolls, for some (read: me) it’s been one helluva week and I’m thrilled to see that not-too-distant light at the end of the tunnel.
For today’s post, I thought I’d cater to all the aspiring foodies out there by giving you the recipe to my delicious chicken pasta. I believe that every girl needs to have at least three recipes that shes perfected. Trust me, as old as this advice may be, the way to a man’s heart is indeed through his stomach 😉
The great thing about this recipe is that you can tweak and add to it as you like, when I make this pasta it never comes out the same way twice which great as I quite like the varying tastes of the dish. Try it out and let me know what you think!
Chicken and Pesto Pasta bake
• 1 Onion, chopped
• Garlic (cloves or paste)
• Green, red or yellow peppers
• 1 pack chicken fillets
• Desired spices (barbeque, Cajun, paprika, peri-peri, salt, ground pepper, etc)
• 1 pack of 250g pasta (fettucine, tagliatelle or linguine)
• Soy sauce (to brown the chicken)
• 250ml fresh cream
• Coriander pesto/ Red pesto
• Few leaves of Coriander
• Grated cheddar or mozzarella cheese
• Braise the chopped onion in virgin olive oil in a non-stick frying pan.
• Add a teaspoon of garlic to the onion.
• Cut the defrosted chicken fillets into strips. Add this to the pan.
• Once the chicken and onion is cooking, sprinkle some soy sauce onto the chicken.
• Spice the chicken strips as desired and allow to cook until done.
• Cook the pasta in a pot of boiling water, adding oil and salt to the pot.
• Usual cooking time for the pasta is about 10 minutes.
• Once the pasta is soft, strain it with a colander.
• In a big oven dish, combine the pasta and chicken while adding the fresh cream (for an interesting taste, add a 1/4 of the basil pesto to the fresh cream before adding it to the pasta) to the mix.
• Finally sprinkle the top with the grated cheese so that it covers the top of the pasta and cook in the oven for 15 minutes.
• Add finely chopped Coriander on top before removing from the oven and serve.
Optional extras to compliment the pasta include a green leafy salad or curry loaf bread.
SG – There is no love sincerer than the love of food -George Bernard Shaw